WE ARE OPEN!
The first mention of The Peahen is in 1480, and on the construction of London Road in the 18th Century it was merged with the adjoining pub, The Woolpack.
Trading as a hotel, The Peahen was a vital stopping point on the way through to London for tourists and business folk. The original wood building burnt down towards the end of the 19th Century and was rebuilt in its current form as The Peahen Hotel.
In 1936 McMullen & Sons Ltd, the family brewers of Hertfordshire established in 1827, came into possession of The Peahen and remain its proud custodians to this day.